Dean Koontz, author of over 110 books, has sold more than 500 million copies of his books across 38 languages. Despite this, Koontz is constantly plagued with self-doubt and fear, stemming from a traumatic experience riding a turbulent plane with a nun and a hurricane-afflicted boat trip.
– 📚 Koontz has sold over 500 million copies of his books
– 🛩️ Has not flown since a traumatic incident on a plane with a nun
– 🚢 Is not a fan of boats due to an anniversary cruise during a hurricane
– 🧊 Puts his manuscripts in the fridge in case of a fire
– 🎒 Koontz writes across multiple genres such as supernatural, science fiction, and children’s literature
– 🏠 Installed protective measures such as a fence and wildfire innovations to protect his home
– 📝 Revises his work 20 times on average before proceeding to the next page
– 💻 Does not go online to avoid getting distracted and wasting time
– 💔 Had a traumatic childhood, which he sheds light on over lunch with The Washington Post
Loneliness can be challenging and isolating, but there are strategies you can use to build and maintain meaningful connections with others.
The business of sports is a multibillion dollar industry undergoing a new era of change. Leagues and teams have matured beyond back page entertainment, with decisions that have consequences for communities and entire countries.
OpenAI’s success in developing its artificial general intelligence software is attributed to disregarding the rule of focusing on a product that fills an obvious need. Instead, OpenAI opted for a greater goal of developing safe and beneficial AGI that benefits all of humanity. This vision led the company to avoid specializing in one field and keep their focus on AGI development.
💡 OpenAI initially spent months looking for a problem to solve with their AI tools, even considering building AI systems targeted towards medical or legal fields. However, they decided to focus on AGI that will someday outperform humans at most economically valuable work.
💡 OpenAI’s mission is to ensure that AGI “benefits all of humanity… We will attempt to directly build safe and beneficial AGI, but will also consider our mission fulfilled if our work aids others to achieve this outcome.”
💡 OpenAI’s initial approach did not follow the business rule of focusing on a product that fills an obvious need in a specific field. However, this approach helped them to achieve substantial success.
Source: Stop Using Hamburger Menus
Stop using hamburger menus on websites because they throw out accessibility and performance in favor of a prettier design layout. Use sitemap footers instead, which is a keyboard and screen reader accessible alternative.